PTA (Parent Teacher Association)
For PTA Meeting Minutes and more information visit the PTA section of the Families page.
Parents and staff together are a powerful voice for action at Mays. All Mays parents, guardians, and staff are invited to join us for the PTA Meetings.
The Mission of the PTA
- To support and speak on behalf of children and youth in the schools, in the community and before governmental bodies and other organizations that make decisions affecting children.
- To assist parents in developing the skills they need to raise and protect their children.
- To encourage parent and public involvement in the public schools of this nation
The Purpose of the PTA
- To promote the welfare of children and youth in home, school, community, and place of worship.
- To raise the standards of home life.
- To secure adequate laws for the care and protection of children and youth.
- To bring into closer relation the home and the school, that parents and teachers may cooperate intelligently in the education of children and youth.
- To develop between educators and the general public such united efforts as will secure for all children and youth the highest advantages in physical, mental, social, and spiritual education.